.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Safe Cruise

Project Safe Cruise Press Release: See www.projectsafecruise.blogspot.com & details below. Leave a message if you have experienced incidents involving poor security & safety practices of cruise lines. Hearings are scheduled; we will provide them to Congress. We must act to insure passenger safety. The current lack of safety & security is not acceptable especially after 9/11. On 5/12/05, we were on the Carnival Destiny near Aruba when an elderly couple disappeared without a trace.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Government could save $50 billion per year by having two shifts of white collar employees work each day. Office space costs $50,000/year for each employee yet we only use space 30% of time. We can no longer afford to have banker's hours for all. With over 2 million federal employees this cost-free paradigm change could avoid lay offs/furloughs and reduce pollution. See new plan at http://whitecollargreenspace.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Poseidon Titanic Type Disaster Narrowly Avoided by Crown Princess Cruise Ship May be Common Event

  • Posted to Message Board regarding this article:
    'Listing' of cruise ship not isolated
    The sudden tilt this week near Port Canaveral is at least the 7th similar incident in the past year
    .Tom Stieghorst, South Florida Sun-Sentinel and Beth Kassab, Sentinel Staff Writer Posted July 21, 2006


    I was on the crown princess when it "listed" and I can tell you that I am also an experienced cruiser and I will never do it again! This ship did not merely lean over a little bit, we were moving at 24 knots which is pretty fast, and then the boat started to turn which makes it feel a lot more like a crash than a tilt! Everything was broken on the ship and I was helplessly watching my children being washed out of the pool!!! The deck around the pool was actually busting up because of the massive force trying to rip the pool out of the deck! Unless you were there you have no idea how close we all came to actually capsizing... in only a few more seconds we would have gone all the way down! Thank God they were able to shut the computer systems down in time or I would not be writing this! Also the list was at least 20-25 not 15! Like I said you'll never know what the people on this ship experienced!
  • Future Passenger Apprehensive about Cruise Scheduled on Crown Princess in August but Princess Cruise Lines Say No Refunds

    I was shocked and quite shaken up to hear what happened to everyone on the Crown. I can't possibly understand what it would have been like to be on that ship when that happened. I am sure that Princess will need to deal with passengers suffering from nightmares/post traumatic stress. That is why I am petrified to go on Crown so quickly. My husband and I were set to sail on Crown on the 16th of August. I have been in touch with Princess. They so far have not been able to offer us any information or comfort about sailing on that date. They did tell us that it is set to sail today!! I just don't see how without a full investigation and based on what I heard an overhaul in clean up. They told my husband and I that we would not be able to cancel. It would be a 75% penalty. I asked them under these circumstances fearful passengers should have right to cancel. I am not saying no ever again to cruising and I surely know that anything could happen at anytime, anywhere, but to sail so confidently so quickly on the very ship gives me a chill. People are trying to reassure me stating that by our sailing date, everything will be fine and probably it would be safer since this unfortunate incident happened. I want to believe that but my nerves are telling me different. We only sailed once with Royal Caribbean and loved it. I am truly torn.
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. Our thoughts are with all of you!

    Check out the links to internationalcruise victims.org, Cruisebruise.com. cruise junkie.com and several maritime attorneys' who might be able to help you get a refund. The more publicity the is generated concerning cruise vacation safety, the more the cruise lines relax their refund and cancellation policies. Historically, they have been very stingy in offering about giving refunds or credits. Remember,. 90% of the fun and joy of a cruise vacation is "state of mind," and if you are apprehensive or concerned, you will not get your money's worth. They are selling an experience not just transportation. In the past you might have been lucky to get a $100 credit on a future cruise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

h2 class="sidebar-title">Links